If you need maps for running online RPG games, here are my favorite resources. If you haven’t checked out Pyromancers.com, you really owe yourself to take it for a spin!
Create Zoomable or Mashup Maps:
Build your own maps:
- http://pyromancers.com/ — Great FREE online mapping tool that is super-fast to use and learn.
- http://davesmapper.com/ — Great for whipping up an old-school dungeon (tip: select the same artist to get similar looking tiles).
- http://www.dungeonographer.com/ — A commercial mapping tool. I like their old-school dungeon look option.
- http://rpgmapshare.com/ — Dig into their galleries to find lots of free maps for battlemats and online scenarios.
- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/mw — WOTC’s Map-A-Week archive has lots of fantasy maps both keyed (for GMs) and unkeyed (for players). A DDI subscription will get you even more as the monthly content includes lots of fantasy maps which can be adapted to any ruleset.
- http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dungeonsunlimited/ — They have lots of small sized encounter maps.