Played a great Fate game last night set in the Hollow Earth type setting. Below is the character I whipped up (adapted from the original ERB character).
John Clayton prefers to be called by his ape name Korak. He is the son of ape man Zargan (the real life inspiration behind Edgar Rice Burrough’s Tarzan.). Although a Viscount and heir to the Greystone estate in England, Korak eschews civilized life to follow the ways of his father Zargan, who raised Korak in the jungle depths of Africa after his wife Jane (Korak’s mother) died at the hands of WW I’s German invaders. Deceit being a peculiarity unknown to his father’s ape forebears, Korak is perennially gullible.
- High Concept: Mighty Jungleborn Savage!
- Trouble: Gullible
- Other Aspect: Instinctive Animal Reaction
- (Optional Aspects: Thin Veneer of Civilization, Call of the Wild)
- Carefully: Average (+1)
- Cleverly: Average (+1)
- Flashily: Mediocre (+0)
- Forcefully: Good (+3)
- Quickly: Fair (+2)
- Sneakily: Fair (+2)
- Savage Tactics: Because I was raised a savage, I get a +2 when I Cleverly create advantages when acting as the Lord of the Jungle.
- Beastmaster: Because I am attuned to the jungle, once per game session I can calm, control and have basic communication with jungle mammals.
- Jungle Weapons: Because I was raised to survive with primitive jungle weapons, I get a +2 when I Forcefully attack when using a knife or spear.